When You Learn About Potential Toxins in Your Home, You’ll Never Want to Step into a Home that Hasn’t Been Checked Again

Posted on April 17, 2015 in Blog

When You Learn About Potential Toxins in Your Home, You’ll Never Want to Step into a Home that Hasn’t Been Checked AgainEveryone wants to breathe clean air, to drink pure water, and to live out their lives peacefully. When someone is considering starting a family, these basic desires frequently come into focus more intensely than ever before. All of a sudden, pregnant women and their spouses find themselves checking food labels constantly, researching pesticides and insecticides used in the cultivation process, and wondering about what kinds of harmful substances they’re being exposed to as they go about their normal lives every day.

Have you ever wondered about that, too?

Sure, maybe you worry about pollution in Beijing or New York City, but if you live in the suburbs or in the country, you probably don’t worry about toxins that much. Isn’t that something just the hippies worry about?

You might want to reconsider that approach…

There are some seriously harmful substances in many homes and business properties, and most people don’t even know about them.

For example:

Asbestos is a material used in insulation and textured paint throughout the US from the 1930s-1950s. Asbestos exposure can lead to the lung disease asbestosis or the cancer mesothelioma.

Mold is extremely common because it develops in any area that has excess moisture. Some forms of mold release mycotoxins that are particularly dangerous to children, the elderly, and those who are immunocompromised. Many Americans have mold allergies, and experience sinus problems, coughing, and eye irritation.

Fungus is also thrives because of too much moisture in the air. The chances of developing respiratory problems such as asthma may increase when fungus spores are present in indoor air. Those who already have respiratory problems may experience an increase in their symptoms as a result of fungus’ presence.

Lead is in nearly 64 million buildings in the US, even though the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) banned lead paint in 1978. Chips and lead-contaminated soil can easily be ingested by children and cause lead poisoning, which can lead to brain developmental problems and other serious issues.

The good news:

These hazardous materials can be detected and safely removed from homes and business properties. H2 Environmental Consulting Services is a leader in environmental consulting services in Southern California. Call (800) 524-3578 or email CustomerService@H2Env.com for a consultation and evaluation of your property. H2 Environmental Consulting Services uses the best technology and years of expertise to determine what toxins are in your home and develop a thorough, absolutely safe removal plan.

Don’t just bury your head in the sand and hope your home doesn’t have harmful toxins—find out for sure by calling H2 Environmental Consulting Services today. Your health, and the health of your family and anyone else who enters your home, may be hanging in the balance. Call the hazardous materials experts now—(800) 524-3578.