Hazardous Materials Communication Program
Keep workers safe and satisfy OSHA requirements with a quality hazardous materials communication program
If you use hazardous chemicals during the course of your business, it is necessary to have a Hazardous Materials Communication Program in place. This includes a written plan that is written according to OSHA standards. Next, you must maintain an up-to-date inventory of all hazardous chemicals and see that they are labeled properly. Your MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheets) are to be accessible and your employees must be trained properly. H2 Environmental Consulting Services is here to help you understand these requirements and to assist you in taking the appropriate actions.
Focus of the H2 Environmental Consulting Services Hazardous Materials Communication Program
- MSDS Review & Maintenance
- MSDS file analyzed onsite for completeness – MSDS must be appropriately filled out and available and employees must be trained on how to read them.
- Conduct hazardous materials inventory of on-site items – all hazardous chemicals in use are to be listed and new chemicals must be documented before use. Containers and piping that carries such hazardous items must be properly labeled.
- Quarterly review and update any outdated information
- Fire Life and Safety Program
- Fire alarm system review – fire system is reviewed for completeness and tested.
- Updated site specific emergency CAD drawings (8 1/2″ X 11″) generated – complete drawings provide necessary information on locations of fire safety equipment.
- Quarterly check of fire extinguisher recharge dates and maintenance logs – fire extinguishers must be recharged after use and such use must be recorded.
Employee and Client Safety is Top Priority
H2 Environmental Consulting Services understands how important safety is to you in the workplace. We are here to evaluate your current safety plans regarding both hazardous materials communications and fire life and safety. Not only will we analyze your current plan, but we can assist you in making the necessary corrections to improve your level of safety.
For a consultation regarding your safety plans, contact H2 Environmental Consulting Services today.